kinh nghiem choi baccarat_m w88live_bongdatructiep

The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) is a mandatory health insurance plan for all international students, employees and their dependents (spouse and/or children) at Western University who are not covered by the provincial health insurance plan (OHIP).

This includes:

  • Students paying international student fees
  • Students attending Western through an International Exchange Program
  • Shose not eligible for provincial health care coverage (OHIP)
    • Employees on a Work Permit waiting for OHIP coverage to begin
    • Out of province students waiting for OHIP coverage to begin
    • Dependents of international students and employees

The cost of medical services and treatment in Ontario can be very expensive. UHIP was created to offer affordable insurance to pay the host of hospital and medical services that you and your family might need to maintain your health while at Western.

Did you purchase an insurance plan from your home country? UHIP exemptions are very rare and you will most likely be required to register and pay for UHIP coverage while you are studying at Western. A list of plans pre-approved for exemption is available on the UHIP website. UHIP exemption requests will only be considered if they have been received within 45 days of your UHIP eligibility date and only under specific circumstances. UHIP exception requests must be submitted to Human Resources.


If you have any questions regarding your UHIP coverage, or for information regarding funds, please visit the UHIP website. There you will find specific details of the plan and any forms you may need (claims, exemptions, refunds, etc.). If you have any questions please contact:

For Coverage

For Claims

Human Resources
Room 5100, Support Services Building
hrhelp@ kèo hôm nay

University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP)

To learn more about UHIP, please visit the following pages:

UHIP Enrolment

As an international or exchange student you are automatically enrolled in UHIP. New and current international students will be automatically enrolled in UHIP for the twelve month period from September 1 to August 31 of the current academic year. Exchange students will be automatically enrolled in UHIP for the duration of your exchange program at Western. Non-student international individuals will need to contact hrhelp@ kèo hôm nay to inquire about UHIP.

The current UHIP fees will be included in your tuition fee bill (Statement of Account). You should confirm that the correct premiums have been charged to your tuition account. Exchange students will be required to pay certain fees, including UHIP.

Enrolment Period

As an International student, once you have registered for your courses, you are automatically enrolled in UHIP. Undergraduate students will be enrolled for the twelve month period (September 1st to August 31st) of the current academic year. Graduate students will be enrolled per term or every 4 months.

Exchange students will be enrolled in UHIP for the duration in which they will be attending Western.

Non-student international individuals will need to contact hrhelp@ kèo hôm nay to inquire about UHIP.

Arriving Early

Under the provisions of UHIP, an international student is covered by UHIP the day she or he arrives in Canada, but not earlier than the 10 day of the month before the month in which their university term begins. For example, if you arrive in Canada on August 2, and your term begins on September 1, you would have UHIP coverage from August 10. You would have to buy travel health insurance to cover the time period from August 2 to August 10.


  • Student arrives in Canada August 2
  • Academic term begins September 1
  • UHIP coverage begins August 10

Printing your UHIP Card

Close to the start of the term Sun Life (SLF) will email your UHIP card to your Western email address. Make sure to activate your Western email as early as you can in order to receive the email. Each time you visit a health care or medical service provider you will be required to show your UHIP card. It is very important that you print your UHIP card as soon as you receive the email and carry a copy with you in case of a medical emergency

UHIP Enrolment for Dependents

If you have a spouse/common-law partner or children accompanying you while in Canada, they must also be enrolled in UHIP while they are here. However, Dependants are not automatically enrolled.

To enroll them, please go to Human Resources (Support Services Building Room 5100) and complete an application form for your spouse and/or children. There is a $500 late fee charged if you fail to register your dependents within 30 days of arriving in Canada, so please be prompt and do not forget this important step. When their cards are available for printing, you/your dependents will also receive an e-mail with information on printing their card. Dependents will have a UHIP number and card that is different from the student.

The cost of UHIP for dependents can be found on the kèo hôm nay UHIP website. Dependents should be registered from the date they arrive in Canada (up to twenty days before your first month of study) and until the end of your study period.

Eligible dependents include spouses, common-law and same-sex partners, and dependent children who are under 21 years of age or under 25 and are registered in full time studies. Visit UHIP for more information.

UHIP Extensions

International students may extend the coverage for a maximum of 60 days after the last period of academic study. This normally occurs when a student wishes to stay in Ontario past their academic term for travel or graduation purposes only. Students can apply for this extended coverage at the end of the term and pay at the Human Resources Office in the Support Services Building (SSB), 5th floor.

OHIP Waiting Period

If you are a new permanent resident or a returning Canadian citizen, then you can purchase UHIP for the three-month waiting period before your OHIP coverage becomes effective.

The steps to do this are: